Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crafts

Well thanks to allfreesewing.com I am learing to sew(a little) and have been abke to do minor crafts through hand stitching. I currently own a Janome sewing machine and have been practicing the very basics. I leared how to break the machine down and clean it. I have learned how to properly thread it and can some what sew a straight line. The peddle is still a little tricky and I have to adjust the pressure of my foot depending on the type of shoe I am wearing at that time.
Now because i struggle with it and waiting to get into an evening or weekend sewing class to learn I am sticking with hand sewing. All Free Sewing has so man tutorials, patterns ideas, and ebooks for me to learn from. One of the videos I watched was very basic, it taught how to thread a needle, an easy way to knot the ends, I learned two basic hand stitches all with out a condesending tone from the teachers. I do not plan to be a clothing designer or anything, but i would like to be able to create from patterns, for my children. Or make a couple things for myself!

So the first thing I have tried was a fabric flower. I can use it as a brooch, a hair accessory or just simply add it to pretty much anything to add flair. They were extremely easy to make and can be any size for any project. Check out the photo, and tell me what you think.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment