Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Retirement ceremony

Much appreciation to my, now retired, ITC Hickman for allowing me to be a part of one of the most honorable ceremonies of Navy traditions.

I was blessed to showcase my beggining baking skills and baked a delicious sheet cake. It was half strawberry and have cannoli cake, just like his farewell party. I sculpted to Navy covets, the dixie cap and the chief cover, and placed it on top the cake. I have only heard good reviews on my cake and aspire to only get better.

I was also given the honor of being a presenter during the ceremony. Althought it may not sound important, to me it is an honor to sit in the same area as the guest speaker, the retiree and the presiding officer. My job was simple hand the presiding officer and the command master chief the honors being awarded to either Chief or to his family.

It was also a great privilidge to meet his family and not be limited to small talk. Once again Chief if you are reading this thank you for all that you have done for me to keep my head above water and the maintain the joy of soon becoming a professional baker. You have a wonderful family and hope to work with you in the civilian world.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment