Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sewing Beginner

Super Beginner


So here's the deal, my friend [TooReal] and I have begun to sew. Each of our reasons for sewing vary, I wanted to learn to sew more so to hem pants for the boys and to upcycle shirts and long skirts for myself and to learn to make accessories like ties and vest but anywho.... I started messing around.

First, I suck at learning things, I tend to not want to take baby steps. I want to jump right in and do complicated things knowing goodness well I should learn to thread the machine first. Cortney had to come fix my machine for me because whenever I would sew the thread would bunch up under the fabric. She definitely got to laugh at me, I had the thread on the bobbin winder instead of the spool pin! The tension was wrong, so I called the company. The sent me a PDF version of the instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment