Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sewing first

So as you may have noticed I jump from craft to craft, this time it was sewing. I made a conscientious decision to not purchase a dress from a store for my command Christmas party so I went hunting for an easy dress to make. I Google searched and looked on Pinterest and ran across SewPetiteGal.

She created this simple and easy to make dress that I loved.

But of course two things happened, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to and I had other visions in my mind of what I wanted it to look like in the end. 
I followed her instructions and made the one shoulder dress, which was fine, but for some reason I am fasinated with trains (maybe because it makes me look shorter! Sure that's what I will tell myself!!) So I added one some kind of way. (Needless to say it didn't look good)
this is the color of the fabric I chose. The blue interlock of course for the dress and the organza for the train I decided to add. This is how it turned out...
||
||
||
||
||
||
                                                                               \\ //
                                                                                \/

not cute!
So I started playing around with the sewing machine (by the way the dress is only the third thing I ever tried putting stitches in by machine) and laying the fabric on my body different ways and landed a great look. So I added jewelry and took funny photos!

                         sexy huh!!                                   

But that wasn't good enough! Then it turned into this.....
 still not too bad, but there's that train again!!

But after a couple hours for a couple days I decided I can be myself. I want a sexy retro look with a new twist. All those years of seeing 1930's, 40's and 50's movies I wanted to be old school beautiful.
So I bought long black gloves, rhinestone jewelry (bracelets, earrings, necklace and rings) and pinned my hair up and under like the lady in 007 Skyfall. I even jeweled the shoes. All in all I love the dress I made and I felt beautiful in it.


 


 
   and I made a poncho style coat!!


Learned a few sewing things but all in all I was more than happy.
Thanks to my friends Kay and TooReal for putting up with the emails asking for their opinions!!
               


No comments:

Post a Comment